Butternut Squash Risotto with Benna Irkotta and Figs
- 1 diced butternut squash
- 1 tub fresh Benna Irkotta
- Chicken stock
- Thyme Sprigs
- 3 fresh figs cut in quarters
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 1 Knob of Benna Salted Butter
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Boil the diced butternut squash in lightly boiling water. When soft, transfer into a blender with some water in order to make a butternut squash purée to use for the risotto.
- Heat a pan on high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the Onions, garlic and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Arborio Rice and cook until the rice is lightly coloured.
- Add the white wine, and reduce for around 3 minutes.
- Turn to low heat and add the Butternut squash purée, salt and pepper.
- As the liquid begins to reduce, add enough chicken stock in order to just cover the rice, but make sure not to put too much at one go. Repeat this process until the rice is cooked.
- Add the parmesan and butter. Mix, and season to taste.
- Plate the Risotto and top with Irkotta, Fresh Figs, thyme, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news & updates!