Pea Soup with Guanciale
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 900ml chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1.2kg frozen peas
- 120ml Benna fresh cream
- 60g guanciale
- Sunflower oil
- Olive oil
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and onion, and cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until the onion is tender.
- Add the chicken stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the peas are tender.
- Turn off the heat, add the salt and pepper.
- Blend the soup in batches into a purée.
- Pour the soup into a large bowl and repeat until all the soup is puréed.
- Whisk in the fresh cream and taste for seasoning.
- For the guanciale, add a drizzle of sunflower oil into a hot pan and fry the guanciale until golden coloured.
- To serve, portion the pea soup into plates, add a drizzle of olive oil, fresh cream and guanciale cubes.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news & updates!